Monday, October 21, 2019

Persistent Prayer


The general, quick version of the Gospel reading for yesterday was a woman was persistent in her petition to the judge going to him over and over again until he finally granted her wish. Luke 18:1-8

At Mass yesterday morning, Deacon Steve talked about our relationship with Jesus and our prayer life.  We need to consistently pray.  Jesus wants to have conversations with us, prayer.  While Deacon Steve talked, he said that like our relationships with our friends, we have to put in the time to stay connected.

I thought about all my friends.  The ones I am closest with are the ones I spend consistent time with throughout the year.  Yes, I have lots of friends, but I only have about five that I talk to on a regular basis.  We get together for Bible Study, tea at the house, minister together, game night, and painting outings.  Jesus wants this type of relationship.  Persistent.

He doesn’t want us to only talk to Him if we happen to run into Him at the store or attend an event after not talking for months on end.  I have to say, I compared my relationship with Him to my friendships between two friends.  I want my relationship to be like what I have with those I see all the time, not the casual.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Work

           First, I wanted to chat a little bit about my last post with Saint Joan of Arc’s quote before going on to the next quote.  I have...