Saturday, October 5, 2019

Day 351: Strong and Courageous


Be strong and courageous.

The Lord will be with you wherever you go.

Joshua 1:9



This verse has been one I have been praying over for a good four to six months.  The women's retreat that I went on two weekends ago used this verse as the theme.  The idea worked for me.  Strong and courageous women.  I love the idea.  In my fiction, I write about strong and courageous women: Corrion, Kirzantra, and Tessa.  Also, I strive to be a strong and courageous woman in my duty to my country for twenty years of military service, as a wife, mother, and Christian.

The strong and courageous woman we read about was Rahab who hid two men to save her family.  She hung a red rope from her window keeping her family safe from the soldiers.  The red cord was our symbol for the weekend.  I gave a talk on Saturday and one of the women made all the speakers a name plaque with the red cord.

I hung the plaque with a gift I received from my sister, another strong and courageous woman.  The gift is a tree that overlays a cross.  She bought it for me while she was in the Black Forest in Germany.  I love how the two go together.  They will remind me to be strong and courageous in my writing.  I am so very blessed.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Work

           First, I wanted to chat a little bit about my last post with Saint Joan of Arc’s quote before going on to the next quote.  I have...