Thursday, October 10, 2019

Day 356: Hoping for Health


I feel like all I have been doing is hoping the pain will go away.  In reality, in the last year, I have started new meds, been to physical therapy and had a steroid shot.  None of this has really helped at all.  Yes, I am still walking, but the pain is constant.  What can I do besides hope?  I have done some work.  What is my strategy?

One, I need to start stretching more.  I need to do exercises for my glutes.  Since the hips are bad, my glutes are taking a killing, and they are hurting.  There is an explanation, but I don’t know it well enough to explain.  I just need to make them stronger.  Yes, I should also be losing weight.  Gurr.

In November, I see a new doctor.  I have heard he is good.  I need to strategize with him.  This seeing a doctor only every six months is for the birds when I am constantly in pain.  The problem is he has too many patients.  All the doctors seem to have too many patients.  I just hope he has a plan.  I need a plan.  I need to start feeling better.  If he doesn’t, I need to be off to Bozeman.

With health issues, they are frustrating because the strategizing needs to include more then just me.  The medical community needs to be on board with the plan.  I have been very frustrated since a year ago in August when the hip became bad.  The old doctor didn’t help all that much.  So, here’s to hoping my new doctor will have a good strategy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Work

           First, I wanted to chat a little bit about my last post with Saint Joan of Arc’s quote before going on to the next quote.  I have...