Tuesday, October 15, 2019

Day 361: Stolen Coat


Have you ever had something stolen from you?



Wow, I am sure I probably have.  I can’t think of a thing at the moment.  I do have a story about my son.  Clay drove me crazy when he was growing up.  The kid lost everything.  I was reminded of that when I saw my neighbor jump out of her car, pick something off the road, and move over so I could park by her and we could chat.  Come to find out, she found one of her son’s gloves by my house and the second glove on the corner.  I told her about Clay when I remembered the time he lost his coat, or I should say someone stole his coat.

His class, probably band or choir, had a function at the Civic Center.  I took him to the section where all the other kids and his teacher were located.  The teacher instructed him to put his coat with all the other coats against the wall and out of the way in the large lobby.  He went one way while I went to get a seat.  The performance was fun.

Afterwards I went back up to the coat area to wait with him, like a million other parents.  People cleared out, and I saw Clay frantically looking for his coat.  I am sure he thought he was in trouble again.  All that remained of the pile of coats was a lone sad coat laying on the floor.  I picked it up.  The size was too small for Clay.  I would have been tempted to take it since said owner of rogue coat probably grabbed Clay’s.  I handed Clay my coat to wrap up in as we left the building.  I was irritated.  We had to run to the store for a new coat in the middle of the evening on a work night.  However, I was thankful we had money for another winter coat.  I said a prayer in hopes that the other child had a warm winter.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Work

           First, I wanted to chat a little bit about my last post with Saint Joan of Arc’s quote before going on to the next quote.  I have...