Monday, October 14, 2019

Day 360: Wasted Sunday


Don't waste Sunday's.

I read about this concept last week in my Matthew Kelly book Resisting Happiness.  I have approximately 1,534 Sundays left in my life.  The number looks huge, but I have already had 2,678 Sundays.  I wonder how many I have wasted.  I do know this past calendar year I wasted one Sunday.  I don't think I will do that again for a long time.

So, what does it mean to waste a Sunday?  For me, wasting a Sunday is skipping Mass over the weekend.  I need to check in with Jesus at His house.  If I don't, I have wasted the Sunday.  Of course, this is different from missing a Mass.  Missing Mass is being out of town and not able to attend.  In ways, I know this is a copout.  There are churches everywhere.  But sometimes, activities that God places in my life are important, and I think He understands.

Earlier in the year, the time I skipped church was also during the time I was traveling a ton.  I think I didn't step in the church for Mass in like a month.  The next Mass I attended I actually cried.  I told Jesus I missed visiting Him on His turf.  I thanked Him for hanging out with me at home and on my travels, but I wouldn't go so long without seeing Him in His home.  So, no more wasting Sundays for this girl.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Work

           First, I wanted to chat a little bit about my last post with Saint Joan of Arc’s quote before going on to the next quote.  I have...