Sunday, October 13, 2019

Day 359: A Phrase


What is one phrase you would really like to hear right now?



“It’ll do.”  Of course, to make it worthwhile would mean that my dad would have to say the phrase.  Whenever I made dinner or baked something, I would ask if he liked it.  The response was always, “It’ll do.”  His eyes twinkled.  He loved to tease.  At first, the comment drove me nuts.  Many times I wondered if he ever liked what I baked or cooked, but he always ate it.  Now, I will say the same words or my husband will and we both smile.  I sure miss my dad.  The phase will never sound the same, but when I think of him saying it, I smile.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Work

           First, I wanted to chat a little bit about my last post with Saint Joan of Arc’s quote before going on to the next quote.  I have...