Thursday, October 3, 2019

Day 349: Hindrance


What is standing in your way right now?



I hate to admit it, but my autoimmune disease is standing in my way.  The pain keeps me from doing a good eight hour work day.  I don’t get to clean my house, work in my gardens, or do the creative projects I love to do like I want.  Instead, I do a lot of resting.  I hate resting.  I do thank God that I love television.  I am able to rest because of the stories I dive into; otherwise, my resting would be fretting over the stuff I am not getting accomplished.

I also think the disease stands in my way of travel.  I haven’t traveled much in the last year since I have been in such pain.  I worry about my next trip with a healthy, go, go, go type of person.  I think I will be a disappointment.  The pain in my joints causes me to not walk far without having to take a break.  Doing the five to ten mile tourist walk and keeping up with a tour guide worries me.  Sure, I went to Maui this summer, but my companion kept me from the arduous excursions.  I did well in July due to a cortisone shot, but that lasted only a month.

I am not sure what the future holds for me and my stupid disease.  I will say that I haven't given up.  Far from it.  I go to Las Vegas later this month for a conference.  I will conquer.  I also plan to go somewhere next year, if not a couple of places.  I may not see as many sights when I go visit an area, but I will still go visit.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Work

           First, I wanted to chat a little bit about my last post with Saint Joan of Arc’s quote before going on to the next quote.  I have...