Thursday, October 17, 2019

Day 363: Table Manners


Do you think table manners are important?  Why!



Well, this is obvious.  Of course, I think table manners are important.  No one wants to be around a person eating with their mouth open, talking while they eat, and splattering food all over the table.  I didn't allow that behavior from my children.  Gross.

Of course, I have been party to some mischievous behaviors.  My grandma and grandpa Hedahl had a beautiful kitchen/dining room.  On one wall, floor to ceiling windows ran from the door in the corner to the counter in the corner on the other side.  The windows looked out to the trees, lawn, and vegetable garden.  There was also a nice sized window over the sink.  The room was also huge.  I loved the room.

One holiday, some of us where sitting around the table eating breakfast.  Dad and I were goofing around.  He took his butter knife, with butter on it, and flicked it at me.  Well, not being one to shy away from a challenge, I flicked some back, only I missed.  I got butter all over the wall just when Mom walked into the room.  She was angry until Dad calmed down taking the blame for getting her Mom's kitchen dirty.  If I remember right, Grandma just laughed.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Work

           First, I wanted to chat a little bit about my last post with Saint Joan of Arc’s quote before going on to the next quote.  I have...