Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Day Sixteen: Trouble





What did I get into trouble the most for?  Geez, I don’t know.  I didn’t get into a lot of trouble.  I remember my dad spanked me for losing one of my grandpa’s gloves.  I know I probably got grumbled at the most for not weeding the garden.  I hated taking care of my sister after she hit the horrible fours, and I hit the obnoxious teens.  I was nine years older.

I don’t remember getting into much trouble.  I was always trying to please my parents.  I was the “good” girl who always wanted the house to be peaceful.  I hated fighting.  I think the thing that drove my mother nuts the most was how picky I was with eating.  I hated onions with a passion, and the parents loved them with a passion.  And really, there are a lot of foods I still hate.  Mushrooms are at the top of the list. In fact, one time I threw up because my mom was determined to make me eat my dinner, which shaggy manes were the vegetable that night.  I am still a picky eater, much to my husband’s annoyance.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Work

           First, I wanted to chat a little bit about my last post with Saint Joan of Arc’s quote before going on to the next quote.  I have...