Friday, October 19, 2018

Day Four: Traveling

The morning went smoothly.  I had no problem getting to the airport in time.  Our little airport is a breeze to get through. No problems there.  They did make me nervous because they needed to de-ice the plane. This put us about twenty minutes behind.  Really, I love that they de-ice. I feel much safer. Unfortunately, I was concerned because I didn’t have much time in Salt Lake City.
The pilot ate up the lost time and we arrived on time.  Being a nervous Nellie, I rushed to my next gate. Instead of coming in at the E gates, we came in at the F gates.  This turned me around a bit. Stupidly in my hurry, I headed done to the first C gates. Airhead, I needed to be in D.  I still got to D7 in plenty of time and reprimanded myself for being nervous. I mean, seriously, this is the fourth time I have flown this year.  I shouldn’t be so blasted concerned.
We landed in Vegas at 9:15 their time which I thought was my time.  At this point, I hadn’t had a cup of coffee. I don’t like to eat in case my stomach goes nuts nor drink coffee to avoid having to go to the bathroom 24/7.  I stopped at the restroom before heading for baggage. Big mistake. When I came out, I followed the wrong group of people. I went to Terminal 3. I needed Terminal 1.  I am happy to say that I was not the only one. I believe they need to fix their signage.
Before I figured out my mistake, I stopped for coffee.  Thank goodness I did. When I chatted with the adorable little grandma worker, I was ready to hear I needed to take a shuttle clear around the entire airport to get to my luggage.  “Oh, Baby, you need to go out door 55. You are at the wrong terminal.” She made me smile, calling me baby. I had a spring in my step feeling young again.
At Terminal 1, I went up the elevator with one of the other misdirected passengers.  We joked about our tour of the airport. I couldn’t find my bag and had to go to the Delta office.  Geez. Next, I had to figure out how in the world to meet up with an Uber driver. I went back to chat with the guy who helped me find the Delta Office.  He sent me up to the second and a half floor in the parking garage.
What a circus!!!  I believe 50 plus people were all standing around waiting for rides.  Cars were everywhere. I punched in all my information into the Uber app.  My first time using this mind you. I watched as Louis was supposedly arriving in the parking lot.  The poor guy had to wait for me to finally call him because I had turned down my volume on my phone.  Airhead strikes again.
The trip to the hotel took a while.  I chatted with Louis a bunch. He is prior army from the Nam era, seventy years old from Louisiana.  He hasn’t lived there since he was a kid, so no accent. He grew up on a farm with six siblings. I enjoyed him so very much.

I didn’t get to have my room keys for quite a while.  Dragging my luggage around, I landed at a Mexican restaurant and ordered a ginger margarita.  Yum. My waitress was a dear. She kept calling me, Love. I have to say, the best part of traveling is meeting such nice people with great customer service.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Work

           First, I wanted to chat a little bit about my last post with Saint Joan of Arc’s quote before going on to the next quote.  I have...