Monday, October 22, 2018

Day Seven: Bring on Monday

Every Monday morning, I open Facebook to see what has been happening in my friends and families life since the last time I checked in to the social platform.  I slide past all the political posts and frankly a lot of the religious posts. I want to see the personal stuff. Anything with a lot of reading or video, I ignore.  My writing is waiting for me. I only have about ten minutes that I will spend, so my attention has to be caught by a interesting turn of phrase, a beautiful picture, or something real, family pictures or personal events.  A lot of Mondays, I see something about how horrible that another Monday has taken the world by storm.
I laugh.

I love Mondays.  Sunday is probably my favorite day because I go to Mass, watch football (well, during the season), and hang out with family.  However, I look forward to Monday every week. I get up at five in the morning. Once Jerry goes to work, I open my computer, sip coffee, and begin my day of writing.  After taking the daughter to school and walking with my partner in crime, a quiet peace blankets the house. My morning pages are done. Now, I get to work on something creative.  I might work on a book cover, an outline, free write, let my characters play, or loop through to clean up a first draft of a scene. Today, I get to learn a mountain of information about the profession of writing. Bring on Monday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Work

           First, I wanted to chat a little bit about my last post with Saint Joan of Arc’s quote before going on to the next quote.  I have...