Saturday, October 20, 2018

Day Five: Faith



What is your favorite work of art?  What do you love about it?



"Favorite" piece of art?  Hello, I just went to the Louvre this past spring.  I couldn't decide my favorite there, let alone everything I have seen in fifty years of living.  I used to work at the Benfranklin's Frame Department in Billings.  I grew to love local artists.  My sister-in-law was an amazing artist.  My favorite of her pieces is hanging in the room with my photography and other pieces of those I love in my life.  In my office, I have a piece my neighbor did for me of a falcon.  I love art.  And really, I have to come up with a favorite piece?  The list is too long for goodness sakes.  However, I realize this is a good topic. 

One of my favorite pieces of art is "Faith" by Patrick Lundquist.  I saw the piece for the first time the summer we moved to Helena.  I told Jerry I wanted it.  Being a great guy, he suggested we buy the piece.  Nope, we didn't have the house for it.  Two years later, we moved.  I was on a mission to find Faith.  We had to drive to Great Falls where we found it at an art store.  Faith has been with us every since in our living room.  All my life, I have felt like I have taken multiple leaps of faith.  I left home to be the first generation college student.  After eight years, I finally graduated.  I leaped into the military.  Twenty years later, I retired.  A lot of people leap into marriage.  Our marriage is going strong at rounding in on thirty years.  We leaped into parenthood and have been working on it for twenty-six years.  My latest leap is writing fantasy novels.  This endeavor is yet to be determined.  In all of my leaps, I have kept God at the center.

Sure, there are other great works that are Christian based that could probably hold the same meaning for me in the area of faith, but this piece also keeps me surrounded by my love of the great outdoors.  And this is why "Faith" is one of my favorite pieces of art.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Work

           First, I wanted to chat a little bit about my last post with Saint Joan of Arc’s quote before going on to the next quote.  I have...