Tuesday, December 24, 2019

Until Next Year


Merry Christmas

As I suspect everyone else is in the same situation, the last few days have found myself in a flurry of trying to get things done: baking, cleaning, shopping, wrapping, laundry, and the list goes on and on.  This year I added to my list to finish a novel.  For the Great Novel Challenge, my fourth one is due by the 30th.  Wow, what a busy time.

I have been thinking about the blog.  What do I want to write these last few days of 2019.  We are closing out a decade.  I could list all my accomplishments.  Hum, I have to say that does sound fun.  Okay, I do have to say that I have seven published books accomplished in the that time.  Wow.  But, I don't want to do a huge list because everyone accomplishes a lot in a decade.  We gain a lot and lose a lot.  I have traveled a lot. 

As for looking forward, I want to accomplish a lot, travel a lot, and as life happens, I will lose too.  A new decade.  I think of the Roaring Twenties.  What a decade that was.  What will this decade bring?  A new hip is the first on the list!!!  I am excited to find out what else.  I have so many plans: writing projects, gardening projects, and travel.  Oh, my!

At any rate, as this decade closes and my novel has been turned into my mentor (seven days early), I am going on a real vacation.  When I close up my computer later today, I am keeping it turned off until January 1, 2020.  After writing over 256,000 words of fiction and over 298,000 words of nonfiction (yes that is half a million total), I want to completely unplug.  If I feel the need to write, I will use a pen and a leather bound journal.  Yep, I am going old school.

So again, Merry Christmas.

Happy New Year.

Blessings to you all!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Work

           First, I wanted to chat a little bit about my last post with Saint Joan of Arc’s quote before going on to the next quote.  I have...