Tuesday, December 17, 2019

Surgery


On Friday, I went to my appointment with an orthopedic physician's assistant.  One look at last year's X-ray, she ordered a current one.  I was happy they had a machine in the office.  Once that came through to my room, she showed me where the bone is grinding against bone in my right hip.  Yes, it isn't all in my head.  And we finally have a fix that will take for longer then a couple weeks or days.  I am so excited.

I am now scheduled for a hip replacement.  Unfortunately, I have to wait until March.  Ugh!!!  I am so ready to get it done and finally be able to go on walks again without hobbling and being afraid my leg will give out on me.  No longer will I be a bad dog owner.  I hate not taking Leo for walks.  Poor pooch is bored following me around the house instead of around the outdoors.

I am nervous about the pre-surgery.  I have to go off all of my meds that keep the RA pain at bay.  I will have to do this one to two weeks ahead of the date.  Of course, it will be interesting to see how much the medicine does work for me.  I am looking forward to April when life will hopefully be back to my normal.  Fingers crossed.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Work

           First, I wanted to chat a little bit about my last post with Saint Joan of Arc’s quote before going on to the next quote.  I have...