Wednesday, December 18, 2019

Baking


The last couple of days I have been exhausted.  To the point that when I sit done, I fall asleep.  Right now, I could put my head down on the desk and start snoring.  Uff da.  I am not sure what that is about.  All the Christmas things I want to do, need to do, just might not get done.  Oh well.  I can truthfully say that I am not struggling through the winter days this week.  I am sleeping them away.

One of the things I love to do for Christmas and as an artist date is to bake.  This past weekend, I met up with my sister to teach her how to make lefse.  What fun!  After I taught her the technique of rolling, which she mastered in moments, I baked gingersnaps.  The day before, I baked a batch of shortbread to send home with her.  She, well, we love it.  I also put gingersnaps in her tin of cookies.







I have also been watching a few episodes of the British Bake Off Competition.  They do some amazing savory bakes.  In fact, the two times I have been to Europe, I have been amazed by their savory pastries.  This morning I attempted to have a little fun with my biscuits.  I rolled three out to be thinner.  I put a dab of olive oil down, Monterey Jack cheese, and spices.  I had the cheese leftover, so I just kind of threw the stuff on.  Next time, I want to have a better plan.

Savory Biscuit



So, I am enjoying the time indoors with some extra baking.  I will stop the baking for the most part after Christmas.  At least, I usually stop.  Maybe this year I will change it up a bit.  I have been thinking of making cookies for Madelle's school or God's Love.  Maybe I will keep baking after all.
Oh, and we had so much fun, we are looking at making this an annual event at Clay's house.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Work

           First, I wanted to chat a little bit about my last post with Saint Joan of Arc’s quote before going on to the next quote.  I have...