Wednesday, December 11, 2019

Festival of Trees


I won the bid on this wreath that my friend made.  
The winter scene she painted herself.  She is so talented.

Part of getting through the winter blues is to do things with friends, especially when they are connected to an artist date.  My leg is causing me problems again; plus, the snow has partially melted making the world look dirty and blotchy.  Last Thursday, I wasn't in a bad mood, but going to a prayer service by myself didn't hold any interest for me.  I decided to stay home and rest.  Instead, I received a phone call.  I took the invitation to the Festival of Trees as a sign from God that he didn't mind that I skipped the meeting, but he did want me out and about and not feeling sorry for myself.

With December being busy, I have only attended the Festival once on a crowded Saturday with a three year old many years ago.  Yes, I loved the trees, but I didn't enjoy the crowds.  Well, my friend had two tickets to the Thursday night event of the four day Festival.  I said yes.  I had a delightful evening and plan to go again next year.

The evening was spent critiquing trees, wreaths, and swags while catching up and drinking champagne.  We also listened to my favorite music group in town, the Caseys, more dear friends.  I even had a bartender wink at me.  Okay, it was my husband, but still....  I absolutely loved the evening.  My leg did hurt a little, but my friend, though in her twenties, is very patient and understanding.  Her knee has been troubling her.  She gets it.  And bonus, the crowd was much small because the evening event was adults only and a limited about of tickets.  Perfect!!!

Now, I didn't know that anyone could do an item for the Festival.  I also didn't know they had a silent auction.  I love silent auctions.  Yes, I put in three bids.  My talented friend did two wreaths.  I bid on one of them along with a swag and a small tree.  As we walked through, we discussed plans for next year.  I want to do a small tree to promote my book.  I will make snowflake ornaments and maybe book cover ornaments as well.  We will see.  I have a lot of ideas popping through my head.

I am also feeling the need to do some crafts.  I have been looking at ideas.  I won't commit to any until after the New Year.  I just have too many things to do between now and then to add more projects.  So I will keep you posted.

What a fun evening to keep the blues away and because of it, I will have more fun projects to keep me busy later down the road, especially if my hip continues to keep me grounded.

I loved the wood pieces with 
snowflakes stamped on them.



Some of the ornaments are the author's book cover.
I don't normally like antlers in decorations, but this works.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Work

           First, I wanted to chat a little bit about my last post with Saint Joan of Arc’s quote before going on to the next quote.  I have...