Wednesday, December 4, 2019

Spring In the Neighborhood


What does spring look like in your neighborhood?



The first days of spring look brown and dirty.  The dripping of water off the roof calls out the first notes of the season.  Water seems to be everywhere.  Slowly, the grass begins to wake and turn green.  At my house, the tulips and crocuses begin poking out of the ground.  I try to get out and begin clipping back the dead stems of last years plants if I haven’t done the task months prior.  Birds come back from their southern journey and add to the tune of spring.  I love this time of year.  The air grows warm.  I can toss the winter coat in the closet along with the boots, gloves, hats, and scarves.  Just thinking about spring, I become giddy with excitement.

This coming spring will be sad.  Part of the joy of spring for me is waiting in anticipation for the big semis turning off of Green Meadow Drive and onto Mill Road.  The trucks deliver new plants, trees, and compost to the neighborhood green house.  This April the trucks will not be coming unless the business is sold to someone who will keep the business a green house of flowers and tree and bushes.  Yes, this spring will not be as fun as springs past.  I will have to do something to make the season new and unique to replace the fun of the green house.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Work

           First, I wanted to chat a little bit about my last post with Saint Joan of Arc’s quote before going on to the next quote.  I have...