Friday, November 29, 2019

Thankful


Sitting here this morning, there is nothing to see outside.  The sun hasn't even begun to grace us with its presence.  I think of what I should write about.  Writing sounds boring and nothing else comes to mind except the season of Thanksgiving.  I am not one to go on about what I am thankful for, but I can't really stop thinking about the topic.  So, here is my list.

I am thankful Madelle is healthier.  Everyday I wake up wondering how this day will be.  I worry a lot about her.  I sit through a lot of teenage angst and emotional gunk that makes no sense to me.  But at the end of the day, she is working so hard to stay positive.  She is in school.  I don't know that she will get her driver's permit let alone license in the next two years or what she will be doing after graduation, but she is doing better.  And for that I am very thankful.

I am thankful for my husband.  He is still putting up with me after thirty plus years.  We have had a lot of fun this fall playing fantasy football, going on dates, and planning a big anniversary celebration where we go on another honeymoon.  This guy is great.  He listens to my complaints about certain situations and never complains.  He puts up with my health issues.  I just don't know what I would do without him.  Oh, and he pitch hits for me when I want to get away for writing stuff and he reads my novels.  What a guy!!!

My health.  Though I am not thankful for the diseases, I am thankful that my doctor may have fixed the burning hip and leg issue at night.  I also think with my rehab, the two things have helped my hip immensely.  Yesterday, I did dishes and cooked my three items and didn't hurt until the last batch of dishes I attempted.  This is way better the a month ago and I am so very excited.

This is my list.  Yes, I have a million other things and people to be thankful for in my life.  I love my life.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Work

           First, I wanted to chat a little bit about my last post with Saint Joan of Arc’s quote before going on to the next quote.  I have...