Friday, November 1, 2019

Be Gentle


Be Gentle With Yourself, Saint Francis de Sales



Wow, do I ever struggle with this concept, and this past week, I haven’t been gentle with myself.  I was in Las Vegas for a Master Business Class for writers.  I attended five days of class, including long lunches with other professional writers and experts in the field.  I constantly had to remind myself that I am not only a writer, but I am also a mom/chauffeur.  To top it off, I have a disease that forces me to rest.  I forgot that last part at the beginning of the week.

The second night, I went to the hospitality room to learn more and network.  Networking drained the introvert in me that was already struggling after two full days of classes and lunches.  Uff da.  The third night, I went to dinner with three other writers.  I didn’t want to say no to the anyone.  I was tired of eating alone at night.  So my plan to hide/rest in my room went out the window.  Opps.

By the fourth day, I could feel the introvert and the flare-up ready to explode.  I made it through the morning, lunch, and afternoon, but I was done.  I think another lady wanted to join me to watch the Pittsburgh game, but I couldn’t do it.  Instead, I went straight to my room, ordered room service, put on my pajama’s, and was in heaven.

Now, I am home for my second full day.  I am still exhausted.  I need to be gentle, but I want to get back to work.  But, that is a post for another day, Monday in fact.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Work

           First, I wanted to chat a little bit about my last post with Saint Joan of Arc’s quote before going on to the next quote.  I have...