Friday, November 15, 2019

Nervous But Hopeful


I have been in pain for a long time.  The problem with my hip started in August of 2018!  I have been in extreme pain for a good month or two.  In fact, there have been days I have been very tempted to go buy a cane.  Walking for half a block will set my hip to about nine on the scale.  In the last couple of weeks, even driving into town hurts.  I have been handing Jerry my pickup keys which is unheard of in our relationship.  I love to drive.  I can't sleep in my bed because my leg feels like it is burning up.  Thus, my sleep is not great at all either.  I have been very frustrated and concerned.  Walking in Vegas?  Excruciating!

Yesterday, I finally had my appointment with a new doctor.  He reexamined me and talked all sorts of things that were very overwhelming but good.  The end result is a different thought about my diagnosis.  When he prodded my right hip, I told him it hurt.  This area called the bursa or something has hurt for years.  It isn't the area though when I walk that hurts.  He thinks it is still the cause.  Today, yes, just a day later, not weeks later, I have a second appointment.  He is going to give me a shot on both sides.  He believes I will feel a difference in a couple of days.  Oh, I pray he is right.  I might be able to sleep again and walk.

Of course, I will have to do some rehab.  I luckily went to physical therapy last spring that didn't help, but I will do all those exercises.  I am sure they will work once everything clears up.  I am so filled with  hope this morning that I feel I could explode.  Of course, added to the hope is some fear.  He told me the shots will hurt, bad.  No pain killers before hand.  Yep, I am nervous.  But hopefully next week, I will be doing better.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Work

           First, I wanted to chat a little bit about my last post with Saint Joan of Arc’s quote before going on to the next quote.  I have...