Monday, November 18, 2019

Movie Review


Over the weekend, I watched the new Netflix original "The King."  This movie was about Henry V of England, a Lancastrian of the red rose.  Excellent movie!  I haven't studied anything about Henry V since my college days.  All I remember from back then is my impression that he was a good king, but of course he wasn't as scandalous as Henry VIII.
The movie spans from just before he becomes king through a war with France and his bringing Princess Catherine home to England to marry.  Not to give anything away, but I was impressed with his desire for Peace and to bring England together.  Of course, he had a learning curve.  But learn he did.  My emotions went from being doubtful of him, to cheering his success, to morning his stupidity that I myself fell for during the movie.  At the end, I was left with hope that he would rule well.  Yes, I loved the film.
Since watching the movie, I am hoping to learn more about him.  I was surprised to see Brad Pitt was the producer.  I was impressed.  Beware, there are some violent scenes, especially the beheading.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Work

           First, I wanted to chat a little bit about my last post with Saint Joan of Arc’s quote before going on to the next quote.  I have...