Monday, January 6, 2020

Writing Update




Over the weekend, I conquered publishing my fourth book for the writing challenge.  I cried, threw a fit, but eventually I prevailed.  I came to the conclusion that I need to learn InDesign better.  Of course, I am not sure when I am to learn the program that I use to make book covers.  I will look into that in May.  But I did prevail and my book can be found on Amazon in both paperback and electronic versions.

I also wanted to get a good three to five thousand words written.  That, unfortunately, didn't happen.  With the problems with the book on Saturday morning, I ended up grumbling and only writing 1,500 words.  Horrible.  I did have fun working on a crocheted blanket.  I also watched parts of the football games, Anne With an E, and Star War movies.

Yesterday, I did even worse on the words.  I wrote 300.  My hip and the pews at church do not get along.  I was in so much pain during Mass that I came home and crashed.  Really, this is no excuse.  All I did was sit around watching football and sewed.  I could have easily been writing.  Oh, well.  Now the holidays are truly over.  I am determined to hit my goal of five to eight thousand words this week.  Today will be tough because I have to count at the church and get some shopping done.  Today's goal is a solid 1,000 words and tomorrow is 2,000 for the rest of the week or there about.  Hum, doing the math, that would be 11,000 words.  I don't know that I will get that much done, but I will give it a try.  Crossing my fingers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Work

           First, I wanted to chat a little bit about my last post with Saint Joan of Arc’s quote before going on to the next quote.  I have...