Wednesday, January 22, 2020

Enjoying Winter: Crocheting





Wow, I meant to write more about the winter and doing things I enjoy.  Looking back since that post on December 2, 2019, I talked about attending the Festival of Trees and baking for the Christmas season.  This month, I have talked about my trip to Houston, which traveling always helps the winter go by quicker.  But now, Christmas, New Year's, and travel are over.  I do have the Super Bowl to look forward to.  Yay, 49ers!!!  I am excited my team is going.  But, what else am I doing to keep entertained this winter?

In all honesty, the winter has been very mild.  This is a year that walking everyday is very doable.  Right now, the roads are clear and the temperature has been averaging in the mid thirties.  Beautiful.  Of course, I am not walking.  My hip is way too messed up.  So, I am homebound.  What have I been doing?

Of course, I am reading and writing.  I just finished The Black Prism by Brent Weeks this morning.  My son recommended the novel at Christmas.  The book is a fun fantasy with a flawed protagonist.  The magic system was fun.  The read has given me hours of entertainment and discussion topics with Clay.  Always a win.  I am almost halfway done with my next novel.  Good things to keep me busy.

I have also been watching movies and television.  Yes, the experts say this is a waste of time.  I disagree.  While I watch, I listen to dialogue and watch plot points and all those fun literary terms.  I also work on crocheting while I watch.  With my hip being so bad, I am doing a lot of nothing and the crocheting helps tremendously.  I have something to show for just sitting around.  In fact, last week, I finished a blanket.  I think it turned out quite nicely.







Moving is getting harder and harder.  I think this will be the majority of my activity for the next six weeks.  Well, that is when my surgery is scheduled.  I am sure I will have another couple of slow weeks after that while I recover.  Once I am doing well, I hope to see tulips coming up in the garden.  Okay, that might be a little early for tulips, but the snow will be melting.  Fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Work

           First, I wanted to chat a little bit about my last post with Saint Joan of Arc’s quote before going on to the next quote.  I have...