Monday, January 13, 2020

Moody Gardens









I drag my husband to planetariums and aquariums everywhere we travel.  I love them.  So, the Moody Gardens was a must during our stay in Galveston.  For some reason, my phone was draining power in Galveston, so I didn't get many pictures.  I relied on Jerry do to most of the picture taking.  Here is what we did get.

He loved the penguins.  I enjoyed them as well, but my hip hurt.  Actually, it hurt a lot.  Since I had been through a lot of aquariums, I didn't stop much unless it was to rest.  I also didn't take many pictures.  But here are a few of the penguins.  I have to say this is the best habitat I have seen for them.







I loved the planetarium.  Inside, they had a ton of birds, a couple of sloths, and two monkeys.  I wished I had my real camera for this part of the trip.  The birds were fantastic and beautiful.  My phone was going to go dead, so I was pretty disappointed about the pictures.  I saw a six foot fish.  Jerry wasn't with me, so I didn't get the picture.  If I go back to Galveston, I will go when the kids are in school and spend a ton more time there.  The place is fantastic!








For the past few years, the gardens fly a bunch of sculptures into town to work on Ice Land.  They also bring in a huge tent and 2,000,000 pounds of ice.  Yes, the zeros are correct.  Two million.  They gave us a parka to wear.  I froze because I wore sandals.  Opps.  I loved the displays.  I wanted to take a ton of pictures.  Darn!  There was the Eifel Tower, the Great Wall of China, and so many beautiful sculptures.  Here are just a few.  And of course, I did buy a souvenir for the Christmas tree.  A beautiful bird ornament.












We ended our stay going to the Pier.  Basically it was a carnival.  We goofed around playing air hockey and a motorcycle game.  All in all, Galveston was a fun little stay.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Work

           First, I wanted to chat a little bit about my last post with Saint Joan of Arc’s quote before going on to the next quote.  I have...