Friday, January 17, 2020

Game Day







We woke up on game day to a cloud cover sky.  My husband was very kind and let me hang out in the hotel all morning to rest.  My hip had been hurting a lot.  I wanted to save it for the big event.  He took the car for a drive to get out and about for a little while.

I am glad I took a heavier jacket.  When we made it to the stadium, the weather was a tad bit chilly.  We went early to check out all the tailgating going on in the parking lot.  Yep, we hung out for a good two and a half hours outside the stadium.  After our first fifteen minutes, we were invited by Mike and John to join them.  They were the best of Texas hospitality.  I finally tasted some amazing Boudin.  We had some in New Orleans a few years back that I didn't like at all.  Looking back, I think the sausage was made out of seafood.  This was made of pork, rice, and all the good seasoning.  Excellent.

I saw some fun stuff.  I always love the band.




I was excited to see some old school represented.  I didn't take pictures of the people wearing the Oiler gear, but I loved the combination of new and old with this trailer.




The vehicles that represent the military climate I loved!!!





The stadium was nice.  I will say that I still think Denver is my favorite.  I loved the energy before the game.  Unfortunately, Houston had their starters sit out much of the game so the energy dwindled.  In fact, the stadium wasn't all that full.  I enjoy the games where both teams hit it hard and the crowd goes wild.  Still I loved being there.  I loved spending quality time with my husband.  If I lived in a NFL city, I would have tickets.  So much fun.


Hyde was one of my boys on the 49ers.



I loved the hat until it got in the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Work

           First, I wanted to chat a little bit about my last post with Saint Joan of Arc’s quote before going on to the next quote.  I have...