Friday, August 7, 2020

Nervous Energy


Nervous energy pulses through me, leaving me scattered and animated.  Jumping out of my skin, climbing the walls are sayings that bounce around in my flighty brain.  I move from one unfinished task to the next.  The condition began earlier this week to crescendo yesterday afternoon.  I hoped today I would return to a calming presence, but alas, I still feel jittery.

Like most people, I have never been in charge of an estate.  My mother didn't have much, so luckily the process isn't half as complicated as it could get.  However, I have still been nervous about taking care of everything, especially the sell of the house.  As the original closing date grew closer, my anxiety increased.  Not hearing anything caused more stress.

Well, the process went a bit nuts yesterday.  Emails flew back and forth.  I waited.  I wondered if I needed to drive up to Libby.  I kept my schedule open, but I didn't hear yes or no.  Finally, the agent said everything would be done via electronic signature accept the signing of the deed.  A notary needed to witness that and the title company would email it to me.

Around two o'clock, the email arrived.  I printed everything glancing over it a bit.  I headed out to the fort to see the JAG office.  Within about an hour, I signed and initialed not only the deed but the buy, sell contract.  I dropped the package off at the UPS Store.  On Monday, the buyer will do their part.  The house is almost out of my care.  I am over the moon with excitement.  We have been so blessed with a buyer and no problems.  I couldn't have asked for it to go smoother.

With that said, I was bouncing around the house all day yesterday.  I tore into the bedroom closets.  I finally found all of the quilting items I accumulated years ago.  For about two years, I played at quilting.  In that time, I made one quilt top that I had planned to have professionally finished.  I never accomplished the task.  I also was close to finishing a baby quilt for my nephew who died at birth.  Finally, I had a material cut and block done from all the practice I did to learn.  I stopped quilting because I became pregnant and lost my sewing room and sewing time.  Geez, now I have a lot to accomplish between my mom and myself.

I think the sewing is feeding into the nervous energy, so I put the energy to work this morning.  I have eight finished blocks from twenty years ago.  I am not sure what I wanted to do with them, so I laid them out on the bed.  I need twelve more to make a lap quilt.  I have started with this as my first "big" project.  I have even turned on the sewing machine and finished a block that was partway done.  Her (the sewing machine) and I need to bond before I work with my mom's projects.  I have decided to name her Elna, Ellie for short.  We are hitting it off so far.  Hopefully by the end of August, I will have the face of the quilt done.  Until then, here is a picture of the blocks laid out over a lap quilt my mom did for my cousin.  I am including a picture of my block I did this morning with Elna.  Isn't she just cute?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Work

           First, I wanted to chat a little bit about my last post with Saint Joan of Arc’s quote before going on to the next quote.  I have...