Friday, August 28, 2020

A Dream and the RNC

 

So, I did this thing yesterday that caused me to have a dream.  In the dream, I was attending a political convention.  The person speaking was asking questions of the people.  This person turned to me and asked about the environment.  I talked about the harvesting of trees.  Northwestern Montana needed to be able to go back to logging.  The eyes of a man in the crowd brightened up, and he cheered.  The commentator turned to another person which made me sad.  I didn't get to talk my favorite topic of my soldiers or my retirement fund.  After the convention, I was asked to run for a position in the Montana government.

The thing I did to cause the dream was that I watched night 1 of the Republican National Convention.  I have never done this before.  My husband and daughter talk politics ALL the time.  She worked for Matt Rosendale earlier this summer.  We were hoping to attend some rallies for him and such before COVID hit.  We went to South Dakota where patriotism abounds with everything presidential.  I will do a post on that next week.  All of these things set me up for dreamland.

Now, the last thing we need in this country is another person being a talking head for the political machine.  We don't need more negativity on either side of the aisle.  We are all tired of the rudeness and negativity.  I have been called a small town Montana woman with the ugly connotation that I am stupid and know nothing.  Because of my beliefs, I have been pointed at as being selfish and ignorant.  Yep, I am a small town Montana woman and proud!  I can be a bonehead at times, and I certainly don't know everything.  I can be selfish and with certain topics I am ignorant.  However, I am also giving, knowledgeable, humble, and smart every now and then.  With all of that said, I wanted to point out some interesting things I saw and heard as I watched night 1.

The overall feel of the night was positive and hopeful.  The convention started with a prayer and almost everyone praised our country and asked God to continue to bless the U.S.A.  A democrat from Georgia spoke in favor of President Trump.  That blew me away.  He talked about free thinking, and he likes the President's track record so far.  The owner of Mountain Mud Espresso from Billings talked about the quick turn around for her small business money from the federal government.  Go Montana!!!  Hershel Walker talked of his 37 year friendship with the President and his family.  Finally, a gentleman who came here from Cuba and became a citizen spoke.  His story was very moving and positive, but he worries.  He brought me to tears.

I didn't at all become uncomfortable about the tone of the night.  Sure, they talked about their interpretation of what they consider as Mr. Biden's bad track record in politics.  A few people talked about the basement which isn't praise, but I am not at all sure what they were talking about.  Of course, they talked about wanting to change and fix things.  Their way of going about it is different than the Democrats.  Yet, this was talked about in passing more than anything.  They actually concentrated on President Trump's track record and how he wants to continue his work.

All in all, I enjoyed the speeches and learning new things.  I loved the patriotism and open talk of God.  Now, I do have biases towards the Republican Party.  I would never deny them.  Is it the best party?  No, but it is the best party for me.  Today, I am going to watch night 1 of the Democratic National Convention.  I really hope to be pleasantly surprised.  Will I switch parties?  I highly doubt it.  What I want is to be away from the media's, and frankly obnoxious people's, interpretation and negativity.  And yes, I cringe as I write that last sentence.  I can be obnoxious as well.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Work

           First, I wanted to chat a little bit about my last post with Saint Joan of Arc’s quote before going on to the next quote.  I have...