Wednesday, February 5, 2020

Enjoying Winter: Excited


The last week found me very busy enjoying winter.  Really, I can't call what the Helena Valley is doing with winter.  I have no snow on the property at all.  Most days, the weather has been above thirty degrees and sunny.  Beautiful.  If my hip wasn't a mess, I would be outside playing in the yard.  Yes, it is that gorgeous here.

Saturday, I drug my husband out to a craft/antique fair at the Civic Center.  I was so surprised when he saw an old cabinet for a record player that he liked.  They had turned it into a mini bar.  Well, they also had an old radio cabinet turned mini bar as well.  I liked the radio better, but the record player worked better.  I let him decide.  We came home with the record player.




We stopped and chatted with Nikki Gulick from Augusta who owns Iron Horse Metal Art.  What a delightful young lady!  She was great a putting up with me.  I talked with her for about fifteen minutes.  I have ordered a piece of art that I have technically been waiting for the last nineteen and a half years.  I will explain the project more when I get the art.  Needless to say, I am very excited.




Next, I drug Jerry to an antique store.  I spotted a handle on the wall, but most of the rest of the amazing piece was behind a bookcase.  Jerry helped me.  The saw is gorgeous, and I picked it up for a minute $27.00.  What a find.  In fact, I am debating sending it to Augusta to have Richard cut into the blade.  We will see.  But I do love it.



Of course, on Sunday, we enjoyed parts of the Super Bowl.  I was disappointed in my teams play the second half.  I also didn't care for most of the halftime show.  I did enjoy seeing old friends.  And bonus, I won the first quarter pool of $400.00.  Yay!!!  I am going to get outdoor lighting later in the spring.  I am pretty excited for that as well.

Monday, Madelle and I went for a walk at the lake.  I can't walk far, but it was so nice to be outside.  We are going to continue to try this.  Once I am released to do walking after the surgery, she has agreed to walk with me to help in the rehab.  Yep, I am excited.  I think this is the theme for today's post.

All in all, I enjoyed this last week of winter.  We are supposed to be getting a storm in the next two days.  Stay tuned on how much I enjoy this next week.  It could be entertaining.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Work

           First, I wanted to chat a little bit about my last post with Saint Joan of Arc’s quote before going on to the next quote.  I have...