Friday, August 21, 2015

Pursuing Knowledge


Last week I failed to post because I was in the North Country sawing down trees and attending a car show.  I was putting on my redneck boots and enjoying some away time.  This week I have been working on a lot of non-fiction, short story fiction, and poetry writing.  Or should I say playing? 

I read a blog post yesterday that talked about how to get started with writing after taking a break.  The writer said that many people make the mistake of saying they have to get back to work which makes the task very daunting.  I have been doing and feeling just that, daunted.  He said instead we must play.

Hum, that leads me to another problem.  I have lost my play.  This summer has been emotionally draining for a number of reasons.  One of the reasons I have written about is the struggles with my daughter and her mental illness.  Playing is not in my vocabulary all that much.  Instead, I work with her and try to make life a little easier which tends to zap my whimsical side of life.  Of course, the fear of what the school year has in store for us is also causing me to struggle.  My poor muse has run for the hills because life is a little too difficult for her.  In fact, she ran away last February which is why my novel is nowhere near being completed.

This week I haven’t even opened the file of my novel.  I am hoping next Thursday, when the daughter goes back to school, that I will be able to open the file and play.  In the meantime, I will continue to write my morning pages, play with paint, garden, write a poem (maybe), and relax the rest of the summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Work

           First, I wanted to chat a little bit about my last post with Saint Joan of Arc’s quote before going on to the next quote.  I have...