Tuesday, May 1, 2012

May Day

                May Day (May 1st) brings back fond memories of my childhood.  Each year, my friend and I walked across the street from my house to the side hill.  We picked wild flowers for my mom and his aunt.  Of course, we knocked on the door after placing them on the porch running around the house to not get caught.  I think Mom did catch me a time or two, so I gave her a kiss.  I loved the ritual and miss it. 
                Thinking back to those times, I believe the hillside began my love of flowers.  I picked what I discovered.  Once home, my parents told me the name of the flower.  My favorite then and now is the delicate shooting star.  Up on the mountain that borders our little city, these flowers bloom in all their glory.  Yesterday, I didn’t find any, but I did enjoy seeing the wild crocus and a couple other types of flowers.
                Here is a verse I found in the Bible that I would like to share.  “Let us go early to the vineyards, and see if the vines are in bloom, If the buds have opened, if the pomegranates have blossomed; There will I give you my love.”  Song of Songs 7:13.  God meets me in my gardens and in nature’s gardens.  No wonder I always feel so close to him there.  I included a pomegranate blossom, so very beautiful.
Happy May Day and Blessing to you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Work

           First, I wanted to chat a little bit about my last post with Saint Joan of Arc’s quote before going on to the next quote.  I have...