Thursday, March 3, 2011

Quote of the Week

“Two are better than one: they get a good wage for their labor.  If the one falls, the other will lift up his companion.  Woe to the solitary man!  For if he should fall, he has no one to lift him up.”  Ecclesiastes 4:9-10
                Today, we read multiple verses about marriage and spiritual vocation.  This passage struck a chord with my soul.  “Two are better than one.”  I have struggled with this concept.  I get very bullheaded in life and figure “I can do it myself.”  I also pride myself in my independence.  However, God doesn’t want us to be independent.  He wants us to be a part of a team.  After many “falls”, I have realized that I need God in my life.  Ultimately, he makes my two.  He is always there to pick me up and help with my labors.  I have also been blessed with another two and that is of my husband and me.  We make a great team always helping each other through life’s trials.  I have a number of others on my team who help me to continue along my journey to holiness: the Bible study ladies, my church family, my own family, and more then I could really ever mention.  This past weekend I headed a small group of people to volunteer for an auction for our local school.  I could never have pulled off a tenth of the work if I had been a solitary woman.  It took a team.  Who is a part of your team?
                Blessings to you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Work

           First, I wanted to chat a little bit about my last post with Saint Joan of Arc’s quote before going on to the next quote.  I have...