Friday, March 2, 2018

Billing's Doors



I have heard people talk about how they don't like Billings, Montana.  This always surprises me.  The little city has always been good to me.  The first time I traveled there was for a college visit.  We stayed in a hotel halfway up the Rims (rimrocks).  My mom and I watched a storm roll in over the flatlands.  The site was absolutely stunning. 


When we drove in from the west this last trip, I realized that driving by refineries isn't the best introduction to the area.  However, when I see the "ugliness", I see jobs for the community.  I see progress.  I see a product that most all Montanans use on a daily basis.  I see beauty.


I also see the majestic rimrocks.  I see the way the city has revitalized the downtown area.  I see the beautiful doors in the old district.












Sure, Billings is a modern city compared to others in Montana.  She doesn't have a ton of old buildings.  She doesn't have majestic mountains.  However, she has her own charm.  I will be going back a couple more times this year.  Shoot, I will be going there the rest of my life.  Maybe I will even convince a few people that Billings isn't a bad place at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Work

           First, I wanted to chat a little bit about my last post with Saint Joan of Arc’s quote before going on to the next quote.  I have...