Tuesday, January 30, 2018

The Miner


Last week I went on my third photo shoot with a friend in the downtown area.  This time the weather was warmer and we didn't take any kids.  Instead of ten photographs, I came home with a nice collection.  A few weeks back, I caught a glimpse of a mural on the side of a building on a road I never take in town, so I wanted to start with that.  I liked the end results.

Here is the artwork in its entirety. 

 

Now for the shots I took and really loved.









I have always been fascinated by the artwork on buildings.  Helena has quite a bit to enjoy.  The one thing that saddens me are the old advertisements painting on the side of building that are weathered to the point of almost being gone.  I would love for them to be repainted.  I realized the project would be expensive and impractical, just like restoring old derelict buildings.  My imagination takes off with all the things that could be done to fix them up.  Unfortunately, I don't have the money or skills.  I do dream though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Work

           First, I wanted to chat a little bit about my last post with Saint Joan of Arc’s quote before going on to the next quote.  I have...