Monday, January 8, 2018

Looking Forward to 2018


                Wow, already the first week of 2018 has flown away.  The goals I have for the next year have me scrambling to get things done.  This could be a bumpy ride!!!



Writing

                Last year, I had planned to be done with my series, Living the Tenets.  Well, book 4 grew and grew.  Sometime in the middle of an insane writing challenge, I realized I had to cut the book into two.  I had to then scramble with my plan for 2018.  Really, I had hoped to sit back on my laurels and just do work in the areas of marketing, distribution, and networking.  Now that I have another book to write, I thought I might put off these three essential items.  However, my book sales are hideous.  So, I went back to the drawing board.  I have quite a few projects for the year.

                1. Write Pursuing Peace - Already I have the first chapter written and have started the second.

                2.  Write Hypnotize the Moon - I wrote 50,000 during NaNo 2010.  I have grown since than and will need to tinker with this quite a lot.

                3.  Marketing - I need to learn how to do this.  I am starting off with making business cards, a website, and a banner.  After that is accomplished, I will do some studying.  I will add my blog in here as well.  I want to write at least one post a week; plus, keep up with twitter, facebook, and instagram.

                4.  Distribution - My goal is to attend five events where I sell my book.  I will be attending Missoula Comic Convention in Missoula, MT and Nordicfest Heritage Festival in Libby, MT.  I will be looking for more events later.

                5.  Networking - I am hoping I will come out of my shell at the above mentioned events and actually talk to other writers.  This year I will be at a conference with Brandon Sanderson.  I so need to learn to talk to these people who are so amazing!!1

                6.  Blender 3D Modeling - I want to make pictures extracted from my favorite scenes in my novels.  I haven't a clue if I can do it, but learning this program will also double as artist dates.



Personal

                Yes, I am going to attempt some personal goals even with that huge list I have made for writing.  What can I say?  I don't like being bored.

                1.  Photography - Last year, I worked with the theme of lanterns, lighting the way.  I had fun with that through the spring and dropped the ball.  I did have enough pictures to make a calendar.  I love looking up on the wall and seeing my work.  This year I am going to play with doors, welcoming people inside.  I started a little in December when I went on a short shoot with a friend.  I am looking forward to this little project.

                2.  Social Outings - With my daughter's mental illness, I have been staying home a lot.  I miss being out and about.  Sure, I am an introvert and like being home, writing, but I like to attend functions.  Now that she is older and doing better, I am going to play more.  This last week I went to a local college girls' basketball game and loved it.  I also went to the first annual skijoring races on Saturday. 

                3.  Exploring History - I have been dying to go to quite a few places around Montana, specially ghost towns.  I also want to see the Copper King Mansion.  Watch out on the highways, I am going to be driving!!!

                4.  Wilderness Adventure - Okay, adventure might be the wrong word, but I already used exploring.  I want to spend more time out and about in the mountains and countryside.  Leo, the beagle, and I need to be doing some playing in the pinecones and streams.  I might even throw in a line to pretend I like fishing.

                5.  Reading - The last couple of years I have been slacking.  I have only read about 28 books per year.  I would like a bit of a higher number then that.  Of course, my son gave me a book with over 1,000 words in it.  Hum, I wonder if I can count that as at least two books?

                6. Gardening and Painting - Of course, I will continue to work on all my summer projects.  Hopefully we won't have a fire season that takes away two of our three months of summer!!!



                Well, that is my list.  I will not get into any trouble because I will be too busy.  I think I will go take a nap.  I am already tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Work

           First, I wanted to chat a little bit about my last post with Saint Joan of Arc’s quote before going on to the next quote.  I have...