Monday, January 21, 2013

Invite Jesus


                I haven’t written a Mass reflection for a very long time.  Last week, I was motivated to, but I forgot what Father said to inspire me.  This week I put a small notebook in my purse.  I jotted a bunch of notes.  As I look over the page of scribbling, Father said a lot of good things.  I am drawn to only one.  “Invite Jesus in all you do.”

                The reading of the Gospel was the story of Jesus turning water into wine.  Father told a story about Johnny Carson interviewing a young boy.  Johnny asked the boy what he learned from this reading.  After a few moments of thought the boy said, “Always invite Jesus to a wedding.”  Amen!  Father extended that to “invite Jesus in all you do.”  Amen!

                My daughter turned to me and whispered, “We should invite Jesus to our Super Bowl party.”  And again I say Amen!

                Blessings to you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Work

           First, I wanted to chat a little bit about my last post with Saint Joan of Arc’s quote before going on to the next quote.  I have...