Monday, February 15, 2021

Green

 

Green was the theme.

Last week, I enjoyed finishing up a quilt that I designed from a picture on Pinterest that I found.  I struggled with the green fabric.  I need to go look at the bolt to see what type of cotton blend it is and compare it to other fabrics.  I might be avoiding that type in the future.  The rest of the fabric came from Mom’s stash of strips of fabric.  I still really haven’t put a dent in that pile.  Luckily, I have found other Pinterest pictures to inspire me with other quilts.

 


When I found the top of my next quilting project, I was excited.  The shamrock material and St. Patrick’s Day theme convinced me that Mom was working on this for Kim.  I debated trying my hand at appliqué with the left over fabric I packed with the quilt face.  I worried thought that I would ruin the piece.  I found felt shamrocks.  I started sewing one onto the white block, but I hated the cheap look to the shamrock.  So, I played with stitching a shamrock.  It worked!!!  I loved the way it turned out.  My sister also likes it.  Yay!!!  I will send it to her later this month.

 





This week begins Lent.  I have a bunch of projects I want to do for our ministry at church, but I also want to hit Mom’s piles.  I am not sure I will get anything completed this week, but I will be busy sewing and crocheting for the ministry and Mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Work

           First, I wanted to chat a little bit about my last post with Saint Joan of Arc’s quote before going on to the next quote.  I have...