Monday, March 4, 2013

Winter Blues


                Every year near the end of February and all of March, I struggle with the winter blues, aka depression.  I can have an amazing trip planned, be busy planning a graduation, or painting a new room.  It doesn’t really matter.  I get depressed.  Last year I put in my daily planner that I should do some fake and bake, salon sun tanning.  I can’t bring myself to do this though because of the expense in both time and money.  So yesterday, I decided to go for a bit of an adventure.  Okay, I drove to the local lake here in town and took some pictures to show you that even the weather is depressing.

                Mount Helena sitting sentinel dreams of the warm days of spring when the residents of the area clamor along its paths.

                A tree sits in the gloomy cloud covered day with dead grass protecting its roots.                                         

                A bird next hangs from the branch impatiently waiting for its vacationing owners to return from the south. 

                The colors of our days, though gloomy, do have an artistic feel to them. 

                The rough edges of the bark portray the roughness of winter. 

                Weathered wood standing tall in its old age. 

                An abandoned building with long forgotten thoughts of days long past. 

                I felt much better after my little drive to the lake and hike.  Today I anticipate another gloomy day.  My project will be to go through old photos and do some editing.  I hope to bundle up and take a walk around my daughter’s school.  I won’t take my camera.  But I will talk with God and try to encourage him to bring spring a little quicker.

                Blessings to you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Work

           First, I wanted to chat a little bit about my last post with Saint Joan of Arc’s quote before going on to the next quote.  I have...