Thursday, February 3, 2011

Don't Despair

“It is a woeful thing to see souls beginning to chafe and grow disheartened because they find themselves still subject to imperfection after having made some attempt at leading a devout life, and well-nigh yielding to the temptation to give up in despair and fall back;"  Saint Francis de Sales
I picked this quote because it seems to go so well with the saint I talked about this week.  Saint James the Palestinian grew very disheartened when he felt he lost fifteen good years of being a follower of Christ by committing three sins.  We all become disheartened when we do something we have confessed to time and again even if we aren’t new Christians.  One of my biggest sins is gossip.  I struggle with this sin every time I am with a group of people.  It is ten times harder when I am with a fellow gossip.  Over the years, I have tried very hard to only say nice things about people.  This has helped with this sin, but I still fall back.  I don’t despair much though.  God made me and He knows my imperfections.  He cheers when I conquer my sins and He waits patiently for me to say I am sorry when I haven’t conquered.  Please don’t despair.  We are far from perfect.  Just remember, God loves you.
Blessings to you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Work

           First, I wanted to chat a little bit about my last post with Saint Joan of Arc’s quote before going on to the next quote.  I have...